"Draining the Swamp"
Updated January 12, 2018
President Trump's Accomplishments
January 10, 2018
The Trump administration released their annual report to Congress on White House Office Personnel. It includes the name, status, salary and position title of all 377 White House employees.
The report also said that Trump decided not to take a dime of his salary, instead he donated it to an amazing cause! (see below).
The report also showed that President Trump is far better at saving money than Obama was. The total annual White House salaries under Trump are $35.8 million vs. $40.9 under Obama, a savings of $5.1million. Here are some other key findings
There are 110 fewer employees on White House staff under Trump than under Obama at this point in their respective presidencies.
Nineteen fewer staffers are dedicated to The First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS). Currently, there are five staffers dedicated to Melania Trump vs. 24 staffers who served Michelle Obama (FY2009)
However, it's what the report said Trump did with this salary that has everyone talking. Instead of taking his salary, Trump donated all $400,000 to the Department of the Interior where it will be used for construction and repair needs at military cemeteries! AMAZING!
It's so great to have a President who loves our brave military men and women so much!
Oh, and where's the media coverage of this? Oh that's right, they don't cover anything good that the President does.
NO, BUT WE WILL PLEASE, PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO ALL YOUR EMAIL PALS AND OTHERS! TOGETHER, WE'LL GET THE MESSAGE OUT.
By Christian Ziegler, State Committeeman, Sarasota County Florida
GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE TO THE PEOPLE
• President Trump has brought Merry Christmas back to the White House, reading the Christmas story at the tree lighting and printing out cards to wish a Merry Christmas.
• President Trump appointed Mick Mulvaney as Acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to provide oversight and accountability to the undisciplined agency.
• President Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency issued a new directive to ensure that all members of their Federal Advisory Committee must not receive any funding from the EPA.
• President Trump announced John Koskinen’s term as IRS commissioner would not be renewed after it expires next month, David Kautter of the Treasury Department will serve as acting commissioner.
• The Justice Department settled two lawsuits with conservative Tea Party groups that were unfairly scrutinized by the IRS for their tax-exempt status.
• Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt issued an agencywide directive designed to end the abusive “sue and settle” Obama-era practice where environmental groups were able to impose policies through litigation that they couldn’t pass through Congress.
• President Trump and his Administration assisted efforts to provide search, rescue, and recovery operations for survivors of Hurricane Marie in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
o Deploying thousands of Federal personnel, ships, and supplies to assist with relief efforts.
• President Trump took leadership in creating a bipartisan deal that raises the debt ceiling, fund the government, and provide Federal assistance to survivors of Hurricane Harvey and Irma.
o President Trump’s leadership provides short term funding and borrowing authority so Congress can focus on his ambitious priorities for the fall, particularly tax reform.
• President Trump fulfilled his promise to the American people by nominating and, after Senate confirmation, appointing Neil Gorsuch as an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
• President Trump implemented higher ethical standards to make sure his Administration works for the American people.
o President Trump signed an Executive Order implementing tough new lobbying standards for political appointees, including a five-year ban on lobbying and a lifetime ban on lobbying for foreign countries.
o President Trump has donated his salary, following through on his promise to the American people.
• To make sure the Government serves the needs of all Americans, President Trump has called for a comprehensive plan to reorganize the executive branch and has used his budget to begin to implement his plan.
o President Trump created the Office of American Innovation to streamline and improve the Government for future generations.
• The Departments of Health and Human Services, Treasury, and Labor announced two companion interim final rules that provide conscience protections to Americans who have a religious or moral objection to paying for health insurance that covers contraceptive/abortifacient services.
ELIMINATING JOB KILLING REGULATIONS & WASTEFUL SPENDING
• Simply cutting red tape and putting Obama-era regulations on hold have already saved $378 million since President Trump took office, and that savings is expected to jump into the billions next year when the administration’s anti-regulation campaign hits full stride, according to a report from the American Action Forum.
• The President signed into law a bill ending the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rule that increased the cost of credit for hardworking Americans and made it more difficult for small community banks to resolve differences with costumers.
• The President signed an infrastructure Executive Order which will save billions of dollars directly by streamlining and expediting the permitting process for infrastructure projects
o The EO establishes a two year goal for the federal government to process all of the actions required by federal law for the environmental reviews and permits of major infrastructure projects
• To date, President Trump has signed 70 pieces of legislation into law, including 14 under the Congressional Review Act, aimed at specifically overturning Obama-era rules and regulations.
o Enacted more legislation and signed more Executive Orders in the first 100 days than any President in a half century.
o More Congressional Review Acts signed than all other President’s combined.
• Withdrew from the Paris Accord, which undermined U.S. competitiveness and job creation.
o According to a study by NERA Consulting, meeting the Obama Administration’s requirements in the Paris Accord would cost the U.S. economy nearly $3 trillion over the next several decades.
o By 2040, our economy would lose 6.5 million industrial sector jobs – including 3.1 million manufacturing sector jobs.
• Through infrastructure reform and investment, the Trump administration aims to dramatically reduce permitting time for projects from 10 years to 2 years, spurring investment and job creation.
• President Trump signed an Executive Order to expedite environmental reviews of infrastructure projects, to jumpstart industry spend and investment.
• President Trump signed an Executive Order, which mandates that for every one new regulation, two old regulations must be eliminated in order to control regulatory costs.
Also: TAX REFORM BILL PASSED ON DECEMBER 21, 2017